1. Bookings - Bookings are accepted in good faith, based on the information provided by the client, and are deemed to be accepted only when a 25% deposit/booking fee is paid and acknowledged by issuance of a receipt for this amount by Chester Ceremonies Ltd.
2. Costs - No additional costs, or changes in costs, can be made after the contractual booking form is signed by both parties, unless the client wishes to add the provision of extra services to the contract. Chester Ceremonies Ltd reserves the right to increase the fee payable due to altered instructions of engagement, e.g. time at the event being extended or the venue changed. In this case a revised or additional contract will be created as per item 1 'Bookings'.
3. Contractual Booking Form - After the contractual booking form is signed by all parties, Chester Ceremonies Ltd will provide a copy of the contractual booking form to the client confirming within it the terms of the agreement, but only if the terms of the contract e.g. costs, have not already been provided, pre-contract.
4. Cancellation - Any client entering into a contract with Chester Ceremonies Ltd will have 14 calendar days in which to change their minds, and will not have to give a reason for doing so. An email from the client to email@example.com or a formal letter (sent using the 'signature required' service of Royal Mail) to Chester Ceremonies at Number 28, The Yonne, Chester CH1 2NH is required in this instance. Receipt of notice of this cancellation will be issued by Chester Ceremonies Ltd. Because the burden of proof for showing cancellation within the cancellation period rests with the client, it will be in the client’s interest to keep some record of the cancellation. The 14-day cancellation period starts the day after the contractual booking form has been signed.
5. Commencement of Work - If the client has asked Chester Ceremonies Ltd to start work on the ceremony or services to be provided, and it has done so, the client may still change their mind within the 14 days, but the client will be required to pay for any work done in that period. Chester Ceremonies Ltd reserves the right to determine such a charge, at its sole discretion, for any work done up to the point of cancellation.
6. Payment of Balance - The 25% deposit/booking fee is deducted from the final account. In the event of cancellation, it may be non-returnable - see item 10. 'Cancellation Charges' below. The balance of the account is payable 30 days prior to the event, unless otherwise agreed.
7. Travel - The fee quoted is inclusive of travel based on one hour's travel by car (as determined by Google Maps) from Chester city centre (or as agreed/waived prior to deposit being paid) and is guaranteed for 30 days from the date of the written confirmation.
8. Fulfilment of Engagement - Every effort is made in good faith to fulfil the engagement, but responsibility cannot be accepted for non-arrival due to circumstances beyond Chester Ceremonies Ltd's control, e.g. extreme weather conditions, industrial action, failure of public services etc. In the event of non-arrival, a refund will be made to the client, according to the circumstances prevailing.
9. Illness - In the event of illness, every effort will be made to provide a substitute celebrant or toastmaster, and to pass on full details of the booking and planning documentation for the event. No additional fee will be charged.
10. Cancellation Charges - In the event of cancellation by the client for any reason, the following charges will apply from acceptance of a booking:
6 months or more prior to the event = forfeit of deposit;
3 - 6 months prior to the event = 50% of fee;
1 - 2 months prior to the event = 75% of fee;
Within 1 month prior to the event = full fee payable
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing (see item 4 above). Regrettably, telephone cancellations will not be accepted.
11. Copyright - Digital copies of any proposed scripts and final scripts will be sent to clients in PDF form only and may not be reproduced or altered without the written consent of Chester Ceremonies Ltd. Presentation scripts, where issued, become the sole property of the client on completion of all payment to Chester Ceremonies Ltd.
12. Bullying, Harassment and Abuse - Chester Ceremonies Ltd upholds a 'zero tolerance' policy in relation to any bullying, harassment or abuse (physical or verbal) and/or hate speech/inflammatory comments and always informs the police of any such incidents.
13. Other Circumstances - Chester Ceremonies Ltd operates under a moral code of decency and respect towards all people. If, in the sole opinion of Chester Ceremonies Ltd, any behaviour is exhibited which detracts from the social, physical or mental well-being of any individual it, or third parties employed on its behalf, reserves the right to withdraw its services from any client.